map
      The Arrow

Southern Winds Weyr            

Welcome y’all! We are a Southern Vampire Mysteries and True Blood role play forum that was established in 2009. There is no word count and original characters and plots are always welcomed! Our plot has progressed to after the witch war with supernatural and human alike trying to live in a fragile peace.

How long this peace will last is unknown. Illegal sales of vampire blood are on the rise. Rumors of vampire extremists have started to spread. An unknown vampire has taken over the Mississippi werewolf pack and they have turned their eyes towards Louisiana. To make matters worse a murderer has started killing in the Bon Temps, Shreveport area, targeting supernatural and human alike.

The timeline is now anytime between March 1st and June 30th 2012 For further plot information, please see our Premise or PM one of our admin staff. Join in on the fun and come take a trip down south with A Taste of True Blood.

Top RP Sites    RP Lovers

Darryl

Dru

RPG-D  

A Thousand Fireflies  Shadowplay

Shine  Distant Fantasies

True Blood and the Southern Vampire Mysteries are the property of HBO and Charlene Harris, so no copyright infringement intended. Many thanks to them for creating such an amazing world to play in.

All graphics, colour schemes, coding and design were done by Staff. Any images found for the graphics were located using google image search. Big thanks to Entertainment Weekly for creating the American Gothic inspired True Blood cast images used in the header and sidebars. Fonts were care of dafont.com and uploaded using font squirrel.

The coding was built using the Jcink.com Forum Hosting Stylesheet Version: 1.0.0 as a base which was added to and edited by Staff; however there were some other codes that contributed and are as follows. First off, big ups to w3 schools, a lot of help came from searches that lead to them. Sidebar by Brook (links to sites are now offline). Word count code created by Shawn Seley and contains their copyright. Removal of subforums is a code by InfoZodiac of jcink.com. The Peekaboo side table code was care of SubDevo. Image Mapping hover codes by Image Maps. Grayscale code by KarlHorky of GitHub. Many thanks to Darren Criss from ATF for the mini profile code.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )   ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

Good To Be The King, Killian, Open
Killian
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 12:02 AM

The dark haired vampire glanced over at his younger sibling as he spoke. "I had thought of that but I did not want to chance that you would have someone attempt to kill me." he replied to his brothers charming smile. He seemed kind to the humans and vampires of New York but Killian knew how Daniel acted. This facade would only last for some time before Daniel grew bored of it or gave in to his urges as he wasn't as refined as Killian. Though Killian did admire the work Daniel had done but he was not going to say anything as of yet.

New York's nightlife was superb. It was the city that never slept after all. There was as much to do during the darkest night as there was the brightest days. All the illuminated streets, neon lights of broadway made it seem as if it were day out. That was the reason many younger vampire came to cities like New York as they attempted to hold onto a bit of their humanity before succumbing to beastly urges or accepting their undeath. "The night life has changed much since the last time I had time to experience it. Perhaps you will need to show me some of the vampire clubs of New York so I can see they are up to code." he replied. Yes there were standards that needed to be kept but deep down Killian was planning for a donor to feed from. Perhaps someone blonde of hair.

A; light chuckle of disappointment escaped his lips as Daniel talked about how they were his people. He would see in time that people truly wanted someone to run everything for them. "Treat them as such as they will think of you as one of them that could easily be replaced. Be wary of that, make sure there is balance between what is needed and what they want. " he stated as he stood up and walked towards a window with a view of the city.

Daniel had done a good job with the media but there was only so much his fame and charm could do. "Perhaps that is true but there are always threats lurking in the darkness and the bright of day that wait to strike." he commented turning and taking a sip of the blood in his chalice. "I am under the impression you have ample security, day workers and an escape plan incase something is to go wrong." he said aloud the Daniel.
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: Apr 27 2017, 09:34 AM

Daniel knew he could never kill his brother, he wouldn't have put it passed his staff though, they knew all the ups and downs that Daniel had gone through with his brother and of course all from Daniel's side, but he himself knew that he could never end his only family left. He still remembered the pain of loosing his maker and it had hurt so much that he had been reduced to nothing. Daniel looked at Killian. "I couldn't kill you" he said with more sincerity then he ever spoke with, his eyes looked hurt that he would even think that it would come to that. "your my family, regardless of if you like it or I like it thats how it is" he said thinking that it was clear that he needed his brother and he hated to show that to Killian but he couldn't hide it, he could never really hide any emotions. Daniel rolled his eyes letting out a sigh, he wanted to hate his brother but he was also all he had.

Up to code? Daniel thought...he shook his head, "the clubs are up to code, I meant you should enjoy yourself well your hear, i know thats not your strong suit but go see a show on Broadway I hear Cats is great" he said thinking how much he had hated that show but well the humans seemed to love it. Daniel decided not to respond to the next thing his brother said. He didn't like being told what to do but he knew with the positions they were now both in he needed to respect his brother more then he normally would want to.

"We have a lot in place, my staff takes great care of me, i'm happy to introduce you to my head of security as well as my personal assistant if you would like. " His PA had done so much to get him in a better place, she was the one who had built him up thus far. He looked to his brother. "I know your not just here on business. I'm safe...I'm doing well, I know you and your not going to admit why you really wanted to be the one to come here but-" Daniel let a small smile find his face as he looked down, "as pissed as i am at you, i'm glad your here" he said looking back up.

Daniel and Killian had a lot to work out, sometimes Daniel wondered if their maker had done this to balance each other out, they were such opposites and yet at sometimes Killian was just the person Daniel needed, he knew that and he was willing to admit it. He knew his brother cared about him even if Killian put up that hard outer shell.

user posted image
PMAIM
^
Killian
 Posted: May 8 2017, 11:42 PM

The dark haired vampire looked over at his younger sibling as he spoke. His words sounded sincere but Killian knew how Daniel's opinion on something could easily change just like the winds and the waves. Never constant, always changing back and forth, to and from. "There may be a time you might have to give me the true death. You are a monarch now. You must be willing to do anything to keep the throne and protect "your people"." he replied in a cold voice. Killian had so many opportunities to take down Daniel he had broken so many of the sacred laws and his younger behavior left much to be desiered. However Killian could not bring himself to give the order or do it himself. He considered it to the his thorn of the flesh. Perhaps one day he would be able to overcome it if it needed to be done.

"I will need to approve that statement myself. There are many things that humans and inexperienced vampires can miss when it comes to the laws and duties of these establishments." he replied quickly to his brother before he mentioned about going to broadway. Music was one of the few things that Killian enjoyed. He was a fan of Jazz, spending time in New Orleans during the emergence of it. Broadway had a few good shows but most of the modern musicals and plays were garbage in his opinion. "I do not wish to observe a musical about the fantasized struggles of non neutered feral cats. I have however heard good things about rendition of Le Fantôme de l'Opéra. Perhaps I will view that show instead." he replied in a cold tone.

"Be careful of how much trust you put in your staff. They can easily stab you in the back as anyone else." he warned his brother. He seemed so trusting of everyone not willing to look for the viper that hid in the grass like Killian did. Danger was around every corner. Everyone had a price that could be reached to break their oaths. It was human and vampire nature to betray and ruin those closest to them. "Please inform them I will be conducting interviews with them within 48 hours. Please tell them to come prepared. I do not like people fumbling to look up information and data." he stated coldly to his brother.

"I was given the opportunity to do as what humans call kill two birds with one stone and I took advantage of it. I am content to see you are doing well however there are some things that you need some refining on." he said in his monotonous voice. "However we can save that conversation for another time." he said siting back down in the seat across from Daniel. "Is there anything you wish to discuss? Anything you request I bring forth to the next assembly of the chancellors?' he inquired.
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: May 10 2017, 07:39 AM

Daniel didn't like how this conversation was going, he looked to her PA for a moment and she gave him a reassuring smile. Daniel was glad that his staff was seeing this first hand. His PA had been sure that a lot of this was in Daniel's head but it wasn't his brother ignored him trying to reach out and make up constantly. Yet, Killian just wanted to talk all business. Their was no way Daniel could bring Killian to the true death. He was sure that if Killian met the true death he would not take it well at all. and yet, all Killian wanted to do was tell him that he needed to be ready and that his people were most likely missing things and he didn't care about Cats... the musical.

Killian had mentioned some other show... A show Daniel was not sure he had ever heard of since his time in France. He looked at his brother confused. "Are you talking about Phantom... like The Phantom of the Opera?" he asked as he shook his head. "The guy who wrote that, wrote Cats.." he shook his head it didn't matter. Then his brother started in about his staff... right in front of his staff. "My staff is great." he said with a hit of defensiveness. Though his PA stepped in. "I will let them know right now that they will be meeting you in less then 48 hours" she said to Killian and bowed to Daniel as she rushed to do that. This left the two vampires alone together.

Daniel's heart sank as she left, he knew that she was just doing her job but he liked having the support. Daniel knew that his brothers idea of refining was not something he was looking forward to. His brother was a control freak and he hoped that this wasn't the start to a nightmare. Daniel could only keep his composure with his brother for so long. He looked at Killian and sighed. "I don't think so..." Daniel said as his brother asked if their was anything he wanted to bring up at the next assembly of chancellors.

It was just the two of them... and Daniel had never felt more out of place. Killian had that effect of him, this was not really new, but this was a whole new level of uncomfortable. Killian clearly didn't want to make up, talk small talk, nothing but business.

user posted image
PMAIM
^
Killian
 Posted: May 17 2017, 11:44 PM

In Killian's mind Daniel would never understand the true meaning of being king, the true meaning of being in a postion of power till it was taken from him. So much needed to be done. Order and chaos balanced, ying and yang existing with in one another. Killian had learned that even though order was what people deeply desired that an element of chaos was needed. He was hoping that Daniel would find that out before it was to late.

"Correct that is the show. It is based upon a mystery novel written in France. I was under the impression you would know this but it seems I am wrong." he commented before Daniel commented about Cats and Phantom having the same writer. "Same writer perhaps but different settings. The setting, cast, plot make everything unique. There are still elements in the crescendos and other musical elements that are the same but overall they are vastly different. Feral cats roaming streets, a monstrosity teaching music to a young woman and falling in love, They are different." he replied to his younger brothers comment.

"You consider your staff to be great but will they be good enough when things go wrong?" he asked as his younger brothers personal assistant left the room. He wanted to lecture his brother about humans and how quickly they could sway like a tree in the wind but he knew Daniel would not listen. And now with the human out of the room they were alone and he could sense anxiety from his younger sibling. "Something weighs on your mind brother? I am gifted in reading body language but I am not a telepath. Please tell me what troubles you other than my presence. Do not worry about me doing anything brash we are technically equals at the moment your grace."
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: May 27 2017, 12:38 PM

Daniel couldn't help but seem uncomfortable. He knew Killian was good at reading people but a blind person could have known that Daniel was on edge. Just Killian's presence forced memories to flood back... meeting him for the first time with his maker... being brought to Killian after his maker had died. It seemed that Daniel had a hard time just dealing with his brother... more so now then ever. After their last meeting he had confirmed just how his brother really did feel about him. Daniel had always suspected that Killian had extreme resentment towards him and well their last encounter proved that.

"I know...I know The Phantom of the Opera" he said in a lower voice. Just being with his brother was kind of depressing for Daniel, he had wanted a relationship with his brother so desperately now though, Daniel didn't really know what he wanted. He looked up at Killian as he mentioned that they were equals. A confused and almost pained look fell on his face, "We will never be equals... you know that" he said knowing that in Killian's mind that was true.

Daniel shook his head and sighed, "its nothing, i'm fine" he said quickly knowing that he was headed to a very self deprecating place. He looked down for a moment then back up, he didn't really know what to say. He took a breath to say something else but no words came out. With Killian..and no one else... Daniel felt two inches tall... it was something he was sure his brother had perfected over the years...

user posted image
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPICOPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2    ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

Tag Box

Please use our tag box once you have posted so that whoever you may be writing with will know it is their turn next. To tag someone, please follow these instructions: Enter the character’s name that you have just posted with in the “name” box. Paste a link to your post that you’ve just made in the “e-mail/url” box. Lastly, tag whoever is next up in the “message” box by following this structure: Character Name - Thread Name.

In-Character Chat

this jcink shoutbox is where our new in-character chat will be. no need to get an avatar image link or registered name ready in order to play, it automatically uses your user account's information once you post while signed in. You'll be able to see your avatar in the full shoutbox version (link below).

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse