map
      The Arrow

Southern Winds Weyr            

Welcome y’all! We are a Southern Vampire Mysteries and True Blood role play forum that was established in 2009. There is no word count and original characters and plots are always welcomed! Our plot has progressed to after the witch war with supernatural and human alike trying to live in a fragile peace.

How long this peace will last is unknown. Illegal sales of vampire blood are on the rise. Rumors of vampire extremists have started to spread. An unknown vampire has taken over the Mississippi werewolf pack and they have turned their eyes towards Louisiana. To make matters worse a murderer has started killing in the Bon Temps, Shreveport area, targeting supernatural and human alike.

The timeline is now anytime between March 1st and June 30th 2012 For further plot information, please see our Premise or PM one of our admin staff. Join in on the fun and come take a trip down south with A Taste of True Blood.

Top RP Sites    RP Lovers

Darryl

Dru

RPG-D  

A Thousand Fireflies  Shadowplay

Shine  Distant Fantasies

True Blood and the Southern Vampire Mysteries are the property of HBO and Charlene Harris, so no copyright infringement intended. Many thanks to them for creating such an amazing world to play in.

All graphics, colour schemes, coding and design were done by Staff. Any images found for the graphics were located using google image search. Big thanks to Entertainment Weekly for creating the American Gothic inspired True Blood cast images used in the header and sidebars. Fonts were care of dafont.com and uploaded using font squirrel.

The coding was built using the Jcink.com Forum Hosting Stylesheet Version: 1.0.0 as a base which was added to and edited by Staff; however there were some other codes that contributed and are as follows. First off, big ups to w3 schools, a lot of help came from searches that lead to them. Sidebar by Brook (links to sites are now offline). Word count code created by Shawn Seley and contains their copyright. Removal of subforums is a code by InfoZodiac of jcink.com. The Peekaboo side table code was care of SubDevo. Image Mapping hover codes by Image Maps. Grayscale code by KarlHorky of GitHub. Many thanks to Darren Criss from ATF for the mini profile code.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )   ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

A Few Moments Of Freedom, Open
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 13 2017, 08:31 PM

Alyce pulled her phone put of her pocket. She had to be one of the last people with a flip phone. While walking, she flipped it open and held it up so he could see. Alcide's name was on the screen as it buzzed. She turned it off so he could see it. "Off.
I'm not calling anyone. I didn't call anyone."
She shoved the ancient phone back into her pocket.

Her eyes flickered pain for an instant. Cole had used her to get what he wanted. "Darlin after the time I've had recently, the last thing I wanna do is get carnal with anyone. Flattering, but no." The idea of anyone touching her. Made her skin crawl.

She crossed her thin arms over her chest as she continued to keep pace with him. A fairly recent scar wrapped all the way around one forearm with jagged edges. Looking over at him she furrowed her brow. "I know what you're thinking. And you're wrong. You're thinking I'm little miss perfect because either I'm Al's sister or because I listen to tait. " She scoffed like it amused her. "My family is fucked up. Even Al. And as for tait. He saved my life. "

She looked ahead to wherever they were going. "I tried V once. It was awesome for like a minute. Then I saw my mother trying to kill me.
Scared me so bad I never tried it again."

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 14 2017, 04:42 PM

Ken was getting more and more annoyed by the second. He didn't need another baby sitter and the last thing he wanted to give Tait another spy to watch him. If she wasn't going to help him get a fix then she needed to get the fuck away from him. "I don't want the help that your trying to give me, I've done V among other things tons of times, and maybe it sucks for you but thats not what it does for me. Frankly with out if everything else sucks, so don't try and tell me what the hell i should be doing. I don't give a shit about you or your family, or my family for that matter." he said turned away from her.

He took a deep breath. "just leave me alone, okay?" he said trying to not be a total douche bag, he knew that he wanted her gone but she meant well. He didn't want her help though, and she was not going to force it on him. He could deal with what he had to. He knew that he needed to get away from this pack sooner rather then later.

Ken was starting to think that he may want to head to a city, New Orleans, L.A., Boston, New York? It didn't matter it was a lot easier to get off the grid in a city then in a small town like this.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 14 2017, 06:36 PM

She listened to him talk as they walked. She felt bad that he felt the need to do drugs. She figured it was some way of handling a pain or whatever he was going through. She couldn't help it though, what he said about her family made her smirk. "Well thats refreshing. Usually people kiss my brother's ass. I applaud you for going against the flow. "

She patted her pockets and remembered her cigarettes were back at the bar. "Call me stupid, but I can't leave you alone. If you got hurt or did something stupid I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. Consider me your DW for the evening."

She chewed her lip. She wasn't sure what or where they were going. With her phone off she was basically at his mercy. She felt capable to an extent. Not that she was thinking of any of that at the moment. She was more worried about him. "When did you start doing drugs?" She asked conversationally.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 27 2017, 12:13 PM

Ken stopped and turned to her. "If you don't leave me the fuck alone, i'm going to knock you out and then flea the state...my guess is your not up for this road trip " he said moving to a car that had been in the back of some parking lot, it looked like they were at a some kind of hard ware store. He went to a car and of course it was unlocked with the keys in it. Ken never understood why the hell people did that. It was just as easy to lock the car and take the keys but people in this town seemed to not care.

As he leaned on the car he looked at her. "I'm headed to New York, they have a new vampire king anyway, he's real friendly with the humans and i'm sure i can go work for him" he said as he smirked at her. "If you care about me at all, you'll just tell Tait you've never seen me" he said hopping into the car.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 27 2017, 08:31 PM

Alyce moved from foot to foot anxiously as she watched him get into the car that very obviously wasn't his. She felt conflicted. He was pack and he was doing something that could get him hurt or killed. Letting him go and do that would make her feel responsible.

"Fuck." She muttered to herself as she trotted around the car. She knew it was against her better judgements but she couldn't let him go alone.

She took her phone out of her pocket as she hopped into the passenger seat and turned it on. "Against my better judgement I'm coming with you. Believe it or not at least one person cares if you die. I do have to text a couple people but I'm not telling anything about you okay?" She needed to tell tait she was leaving town and she needed to make sure her shifts were covered.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 30 2017, 12:32 AM

Kenneth let a sinister smirk fall on his face as she got into the car. He nodded as she insisted that this was against her better judgement. "Noted" he said as he started the car and then took off for the high way. It was freedom at last and boy did it feel good. No pack, No Tait, No, Alcide and best of all No Cole. He was a lone wolf now and if this chick wanted to come along for the ride well then that was just fine with him because even if she did squeal to Tait, what the hell was he going to do at this point. Ken didn't think Tait would care enough to chase after them and well, maybe Cole would but he had a feeling his brother would be glad he was gone more then anything.

Ken rolled his eyes as she insisted on telling people she was leaving. "Do what you gotta do, but this town is never gonna see this wolf again" he said with such joy, Ken hadn't been this happy in... hell he didn't know when he had ever been this happy. God he wished he could see the look on Tait's face when he found out that Ken was gone. That fucking wolf had tried so hard to prove that Cole was wrong... Cole was the reason he was like this, and now, oh how he was look to the pack. Ken couldn't help but find joy in that, Tait had failed just like Cole, they were equals when it came to him and that was beautiful.

Ken flipped on the radio but kept it low so they could still talk. "So... why are you doing this?" he asked really wondering, she didn't know him at all, why on earth would she be traveling up to New York with him?
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 30 2017, 08:51 AM

Alyce was not a big fan of riding in vehicles. If anything she preferred to run in fur. Seeing as how running to new York wasn't an option, she would just have to put up with riding in the car.

She buckled in and listened as he turned on the radio. Her leg bouncing with anxious energy without her realizing it. "What? Um....I already told you. " She pulled her hair off of her neck. "I'm weird okay. I don't like seeing people suffer. If I see someone headed towards potential disaster I can't just let them go and get hurt.
It feels wrong."
She looked out the window. Maybe it was because of how she grew up. Countless pack members knew how pops was treating her and did nothing.

She looked away from the window to look at him. "I could ask you the same. Why are you doing this? When did you start on V?"

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 11:39 PM

Ken shook his head he didn't think he was doing anything all that wrong, she had no idea what he had been through or what he was going through and lord only knew it would take so long to explain the whole thing. He sighed. "I have a dark past and this is how i deal with it, basically Cole and Tait don't like it, but i'm an adult and they can't tell me what to do. " he said though Tait being pack master made a difference he knew but well he didn't care anymore. "Cole basically threatened to chain me to a radiator till i cleaned up like him, and then what happened I became Tait's prisnor. I'm not going to be Tait's bitch, i'm not my brother" he said quickly.

Ken felt as though he was over sharing, he had been away from the pack so long in rehab and though he had cleaned up he had relapsed and that was not unheard of with what he was addicted to. "I'm an adult and Its my choice now" he said with a sigh, "I love V and i have no intention in giving it up, so its all really a lost cause" he said with a sigh.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 09:01 PM

She nodded. "Dark past. That's something I find relateable. Maybe we can start a club. " She spent most of her life as an exhile almost. If it wasn't for her brother she might have even been abjured. Thinking about the woman that was accused of selling pups made her tense up.

"Your brother isn't much of a people person huh?" She remembered Cole all too well. "Tait isn't too bad. He's Mr all business and he doesn't always get stuff on a personal level....but he cares."

She looked over at him. "You're right.
You are an adult. But you aren't a lost cause. Don't ever think that."
She knew her words probably came off as hollow or nieve. She meant every word though.

Changing the subject, she rubbed her palms on her legs. "I've never been outside of Louisiana and Mississippi. That's um....exciting. She gave him a weak thumbs up.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 12:30 PM

What Ken was pretty sure Tait didn't know was he had been planning this for quite sometime. Maybe Tait did know but well Ken was free now. He listened to Alyce chat... she was kind of annoying, she tried to hard, Ken had built up quite a wall to shut people out but he was trying not to be rude. The last thing he wanted to do was go into it about his brother. Cole was so dead to him it wasn't even funny, his brother was the one who sold him out to the pack master, it was none of his damn business and now that Ken was 18, it really was none of his business.

Ken remained quiet, though he was normally quiet... he didn't know what to say to her, he barely knew and well if she had helped him find a fix he would most likely still be in the packs control just high as fuck, but well now because he was sober still he was able to go on the run... of course he had been drinking but well Ken had been driving since he was ten. "My plan is we'll stop in Detroit , in about 17 Hours then it will only be like 9 more hours to get to New York.

Ken had contacted Daniel on twitter and knew that he had a place to go. It seemed vampires were always looking for wolves to work for that and that was simply in his favor. He had this planned out to the T but the only thing he didn't plan for was Alyce. She was the wild card and she was not going to get in his way.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 09:57 PM

Alyce seemed to realize she was talking alot. Ken was being so quiet. It made her feel like a chatterbox in comparison. She closed her mouth and stared out of the window of the car.

She was thinking about the trip. She was excited and scared to be leaving her pack territory for the first time. She was trying new things lately. How bad could this be?

Lost in thought, she jumped when she heard Ken's voice. Looking over at him, she was chewing her lip. A bad nervous habit of hers. "Have you been there? What's detroit like? What's new York like?" She had so many questions. She was trying to rein them all in so that she didn't hound him.

Alyce still had a hard time believing Cole and Ken were related. Cole seemed to hurt others on purpose. Ken seemed to her that he was just trying to live his life. If people got hurt it wasn't intended.

She looked back towards the window again. Alyce was silent for a while again before speaking up again. "I really did like your brother. I wasn't trying to play anyone. I just wasn't bright enough
To see I was the one getting played. "

user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPICOPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2    ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

Tag Box

Please use our tag box once you have posted so that whoever you may be writing with will know it is their turn next. To tag someone, please follow these instructions: Enter the character’s name that you have just posted with in the “name” box. Paste a link to your post that you’ve just made in the “e-mail/url” box. Lastly, tag whoever is next up in the “message” box by following this structure: Character Name - Thread Name.

In-Character Chat

this jcink shoutbox is where our new in-character chat will be. no need to get an avatar image link or registered name ready in order to play, it automatically uses your user account's information once you post while signed in. You'll be able to see your avatar in the full shoutbox version (link below).

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse