map
      The Arrow

Southern Winds Weyr            

Welcome y’all! We are a Southern Vampire Mysteries and True Blood role play forum that was established in 2009. There is no word count and original characters and plots are always welcomed! Our plot has progressed to after the witch war with supernatural and human alike trying to live in a fragile peace.

How long this peace will last is unknown. Illegal sales of vampire blood are on the rise. Rumors of vampire extremists have started to spread. An unknown vampire has taken over the Mississippi werewolf pack and they have turned their eyes towards Louisiana. To make matters worse a murderer has started killing in the Bon Temps, Shreveport area, targeting supernatural and human alike.

The timeline is now anytime between March 1st and June 30th 2012 For further plot information, please see our Premise or PM one of our admin staff. Join in on the fun and come take a trip down south with A Taste of True Blood.

Top RP Sites    RP Lovers

Darryl

Dru

RPG-D  

A Thousand Fireflies  Shadowplay

Shine  Distant Fantasies

True Blood and the Southern Vampire Mysteries are the property of HBO and Charlene Harris, so no copyright infringement intended. Many thanks to them for creating such an amazing world to play in.

All graphics, colour schemes, coding and design were done by Staff. Any images found for the graphics were located using google image search. Big thanks to Entertainment Weekly for creating the American Gothic inspired True Blood cast images used in the header and sidebars. Fonts were care of dafont.com and uploaded using font squirrel.

The coding was built using the Jcink.com Forum Hosting Stylesheet Version: 1.0.0 as a base which was added to and edited by Staff; however there were some other codes that contributed and are as follows. First off, big ups to w3 schools, a lot of help came from searches that lead to them. Sidebar by Brook (links to sites are now offline). Word count code created by Shawn Seley and contains their copyright. Removal of subforums is a code by InfoZodiac of jcink.com. The Peekaboo side table code was care of SubDevo. Image Mapping hover codes by Image Maps. Grayscale code by KarlHorky of GitHub. Many thanks to Darren Criss from ATF for the mini profile code.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )   ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

A Few Moments Of Freedom, Open
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 11:07 PM

Ken sat at the bar, simply drinking a beer. Of course he was not old enough to be doing so but well Tait had not found his fake ID. He didn't know how much longer he could deal with living with Tait...It had been hard enough to get away from him for a few hours and he knew that if he wasn't home at exactly 5pm then it was be a big production. Ken had been clean though the whole time he had been living with Tait. He would be lying if he said he didn't miss his brother but god even he knew they were bad for each other.

Cole was always the opposite of him. Cole was the golden child, always trying his best to get ahead and Ken just couldn't seem to ever get his act together, he was the family failure. Tait was simply not putting up with that mentality at all. Ken beat up on himself more then anyone ever did. Ken was sensitive... Cole didn't understand him... and he never really took the time to try to understand him.

Tait was different... and Ken still wasn't sure if it was good or not... jury was out on that... But the cold hard fact remained that he had not felt like he needed V in quite some time. Right now Ken was just trying to relax, have a drink and try to sort out his thoughts.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: Apr 28 2017, 11:18 PM

The petite wolfess arrived promptly for her shift. She wasn't exactly well rested, but who did sleep well anymore. Not 70% of Americans that's for sure. Still, 70% hadn't been to heck and back. Still...life goes on.

Working in the bar made Alyce happy. She couldn't dream of anything else. When she showed up for her shift her shirt for tonight was a midriff with the bar logo on it and shorts that barely qualified as that. I stead of her normal boots she wore chucks.

Her gait was bouncy and happy as she walked out of the kitchen area, tying a waitress apron around her small waist as she went. A couple of regulars called out her name and made some comments about her figure as she came out. She playfully scolded them and took orders then took them back to the kitchen.

She was surprised to notice cole's brother at the bar. She had a huge crush on Cole and he had been more than happy to take advantage of that. Didn't mean his brother was the same. She didn't even know him, just that he was pack.

She walked up behind the bar with confidence. Since her mother had died during the fight, her negative curse had lifted. Slowly pack members were stopping to avoid her.

"Hiya. Runnin on empty darlin. Let me freshen ya up." She took his empty and grabbed a fresh one for him, smoothly popping off of the cap and placing it in front of him. "I'm Alyce. Ya can call me Aly. You need anything ya let me know. Can I get ya anythin to eat?
Our burgers are to die for."
He looked kinda sad, which in turn made her feel bad for him.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 4 2017, 08:33 AM

Ken had been so lost in thought that he had no idea what was going on around him. This was the first time he had been back here since his OD, his first night back. He knew that had been the last straw in a lot of ways. He still wished Alcide was here, he missed him and Alcide was different with him. Ken, felt like he knew the pressure of being Cole's younger brother.

He was quickly thrust out of his thoughts as someone was talking to him. He almost jumped as he looked up. He had seen this girl before but had no clue what her name was. His memory was pretty shitty now that he was off V. "um...sorry...I..." He closed his eyes for a moment to gather his thoughts. "Thanks" he said as she brought him another beer.

She told him her name and it sounded familiar but he couldn't really place it. He guessed it was someone that Cole talked about or something, not that he really listened when his brother talked. "Ken..." he said guessing that everyone in the pack knew who he was. He wouldn't be surprised if Tait warned the whole pack to be keeping an eye on him. Tait was quite the control freak in Ken's opinion so nothing would really surprise him.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 7 2017, 02:06 PM

Alyce felt bad for him. She didn't pity him, just felt bad for the poor guy. He recognized the guy's dement all too well. It mirrored her own. Maybe if she could just extend an olive branch too him...

"HERVEAUX! You got an order up!" The cook yelled from the window, making her roll her eyes. She wasn't deaf but he still seemed to feel the need to yell it at her when she had an order ready. "One second hun, I gotta get that." She spun on her heel and went to collect her food orders.

She took her orders to their respective tables and collected a few more drink orders before returning to the bar.

Tait had never said anything to her about Kenneth. All she knew was she had seen him here and there in the pack but they had never really talked much or really interacted.

"If ya don't mind me sayin, you look like you lost your best friend. Ya okay?" She asked while pulling a couple beers from the tap.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 9 2017, 12:21 PM

HERVEAUX! he heard yelled...and he took notice, was she related to Alcide. He sighed as she walked away. He wasn't the best at small talk, not to mention he hadn't called the last waitress he had hit on here...it dawned on him, he had got her number before he had OD'd and had never seen it again... that meant one of two things. Cole took it or Tait did. God that was annoying, and Ken knew he was going to have to simply let it go.

As she came back Ken was just finishing up downing his drink. He put the empty bottle down on the counter and sighed. She spoke to him again and he looked up at her. "I haven't lost my best friend... I lost my freedom" he said bitterly. He knew he shouldn't go into it, Tait would only be annoyed and that never seemed to go well for him. Ken knew he was being dramatic but he was a kid, a kid who had dropped out of high school and was an addict.

He looked up at her, "i've heard you've had your own problems" he said thinking that this was for sure the chick that Cole had talked about.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 9 2017, 07:53 PM

Alyce noted him downing his drink. She was hesitant to give him anymore just yet. Until he asked for it of course. At his pace he was going to be hammered before too long. Instead she set a basket of pretzels in front of him while she finished the round of beers for one of her tables.

"At the risk of sounding cliche, wanna talk about it? I'm a pretty good listener. Just gimme a sec to water the hounds." She carried a tray of mugs to a particular rowdy table. Luckily they knew better than to mess with her or be inappropriate. Tait would have their tails.

When she returned she was pouring herself a sweet tea. He asked her about her own problems. Her problems were no secret in the pack. "You could say that. I've had my own....struggles." She busied her mouth by taking a long drink through the straw in her sweet tea.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 10 2017, 07:50 AM

Ken, thought back on what he had said to her... it was rude, he didn't have to put it like that. He closed his eyes for a moment and as he looked back up to her he shook his head. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to ...I'm a Mora, were all dicks..." he said giving her a soft smile, he hoped that this would make sense to her, he knew if she had dealt with Cole then she was likely to understand. Ken was starting to get a craving for V like he had never had before.

It felt like his heart was racing and he was doing his best to not show it, though he always seemed to feel like everyone was always looking at him. "Can I get another one of these... or two" he said not wanting her to have to go back and forth to much. As he thought about it, he wondered if their were any V dealers around. He only needed one more fix and then he would give it up for good. Of course Ken had told himself this many different times but that was the life of an addict.

He pulled out his phone...then quickly remembered that Tait had taken his actual phone and he had a new one, with like 3 numbers in it...it wasn't like Ken had his dealers numbers memorized. He sighed in frustration and slammed his phone on the bar. He looked up at her again, "Sorry..." he said thinking he must look like a crazy person.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 11 2017, 10:08 PM

She waved a hand dismissively. "Oh please darlin. If that was supposed to be rude you may have to go back to rude school. I've heard way worse in my life and even in the past 24 hrs. I work here after all. " She swallowed another big gulp of tea. The poor guy seemed more tortured sole than souless dick. Unlike his brother.

She returned his soft smile and looked around the bar real quick. "I'll make you a deal sug.
I will give you one."
She held up one finger." "But you can either have some pretzels or I'll get ya some food before I gibe you any more after that. Deal?"

She was pouring the beer she promised him when he slammed his phone. She jumped and stared at him like a deer in the headlights for a moment. She blinked a few times. "No its okay....you okay?" Her big Green eyes looked concerned.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 13 2017, 10:37 AM

Ken closed his eyes... he looked up at her after a moment. "I'm trying to give up V..." he said softly to her... "its killing me cold turkey" he said softly, "I just need a little to slowly get myself off it" he said putting his head in his hands. "i know i'm pathetic... and worthless as a wolf but I can't do this cold... " he said tears welling up in his eyes, he looked her dead in the face. "its not your problem..." he said shaking his head.

Ken put his head in his hands, he knew he was hoping against hope that this wolf would have V and be willing to let him use it to get over his addiction. He was desperate, he felt like he was going to die right now and now the alcohol wasn't even helping.

He looked up at her almost begging her to help him with his eyes... she was like he last hope... soon he would be back in Tait's custody and that would simply be jail more then anything.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 13 2017, 12:39 PM

Alyce didn't look at his with judgment or disgust. Instead she looked at him with compassion as she set his beer in front of him. It was a real struggle with the wolves around here and it wasn't something any of them could just turn off like a switch.

Alyce stood on her toes, her petite frame making it difficult to reach over the counter. She did though, putting a hand under his chin and lifting it so he would look her in the eyes. "It's not killing you not to have it. It's going to kill you if you keep using it. I've seen it mess up alot of us." It was true she knew someone who might be able to know where to get V. That didn't help the poor wolf across from her though.

She released him and felt around her apron pockets for a napkin to offer for his tears. A couple or guys playing pool looked up from their game and sneered at the young man at the bar. Their action earned a growl from Alyce and send them back to their game.

"Well I care way to much about everyone around me. So it is my problem sug."She gave him a small smile. "Drink you're beer and stay there. I'm buying you dinner and you are telling me everything.
Unserstood?"
Her voice was kind with an edge of no nonsense. She raised her eyebrows once more before going to put an order in and checking on her other guests.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 13 2017, 01:25 PM

This was a waste of time... Ken thought to himself, this girl was easy that was for sure but she was not giving him what he wanted, Ken was a great actor though just like any addict was. He was far from the verge of a break down, he simply wanted a fix. Ken was right at this moment trying to calculate if he could get what he wanted from her or if he was better off heading to Fangtasia. Perhaps what she didn't understand was that the people playing pool were not sneering at him for crying, they simply knew his game and she was falling for it hook line and sinker, just not fast enough for Ken to continue.

"Look i'm going to pass out if I don't have a little of it, so if you can't help me I understand..." he said softly, as he stood up, this would be the moment of truth. Either she would give him a contact or he would head to the vampire bar, he knew they were more then happy to make a deal with him their. Was it safe... not really but he had little less then an hour before he had to check in with Tait and be home for the night.

Time was running short. Not that Ken really cared, sure he liked Tait more then his brother but that wasn't saying much, he hated Cole more then anything and so perhaps he would just take off all together... Ken had been playing the game with the pack master but he didn't care about him one bit.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 13 2017, 03:04 PM

Alyce studied him long and hard. She was a rare breed. She really did care about others wither they deserved it or not. With that being said, she also could tell when games were being played. She still looked passive and doll eyed as she wiped her hands on a dish towel and leaned in on the counter so that their conversation was mostly between eachother. "My brother Alcide had to raise me because our father was an alcoholic and a user. Ivery cleaned up enough messes to know you are playin. So sit your ass down."

When her dad wasn't hitting her as a kid, he was bombed out of his mind. More than once she had cleaned up his puke and tucked him into bed when he didn't have enough to cover his habits.

He was young. He still had a chance to turn his life around if he wasn't an idiot. "My pack master doesn't approve of drugs....especially V. If you go hunting for it I won't have a choice but to call him. Free dinner or tait on your ass.Your choice." She almost wished Colt was here to help her out. She didn't think the guy seemed violent, but people changed when addiction was involved.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 13 2017, 03:20 PM

And just like that his answer was before him... the act was dropped and he turned to her. "YOUR pack master, can suck my dick" he said as he turned to leave. Cole was right about this one... she was pathetic, that Ken could not deny, he didn't care about her one bit and nor did he ever fear Tait, that was not something he was ever going to be. It was becoming clearer and clearer that he needed to get out of this pack. He didn't fit in here... he fit in more with the vampires as it was.

Ken smirked and headed to the door. everyone under estimated him, everyone thought he was weak and young well that didn't matter anymore. He didn't need to answer to anyone. He slammed the door open and felt the cool night breeze on his face. Fuck this place, he thought to himself as he simply started to walk away.

He had considered stealing a car but he was pretty sure that he was way to drunk to handle driving right now. He quickly threw the phone to the ground and stomped on it hard. He was sure that Tait was tracking him through it anyway. Ken headed off in the direction of his old stash, he was sure he still had V there since no one knew about it.
PMAIM
^
Alyce Herveaux
 Posted: May 13 2017, 05:32 PM

As hopeful as she had been that he would actually listen to her and say okay cool free food, it wasn't the case. Dick sucking was real mature. Nothing she hadn't heard before. He was Jonesing and lashing out.

"Dammit." She growled through through her teeth. She was torn in multpile directions. Doing the right thing or staying at work. Telling tait like she knew she should or giving him the benefit of the doubt.

"Can you cover for me, thanks. Family emergency." She said quickly to one of the other waitresses as she untied her apron. She chose to ignore the dirty look she recieved as she ran out after Kenneth.

She looked around quickly as she ran outside. It wasn't hard to spot his scent. Stress tended to higher one's smell. She spotted him stalking away easily.

She jogged to catch up with the other wolf. Not one of her best ideas but when did she ever have good ones "You do know I was trying to help you back there right? You and I both know you don't want this crap. It's the V talking. " She kept pace with him, looking up at him in concern. "Will you at least come back to the bar. Or if you really don't want to be around people you can come back to my place?" Her phone vibrated in the pocket of her tiny shorts.

user posted image
PM
^
Kenneth Mora
 Posted: May 13 2017, 05:48 PM

Ken didn't stop walking for a second, he was on a mission but now he was being followed, that was going to throw a wrench in his plan, no one else could know where his stash was. He stopped for a moment and looked at her. He was starting to break out into a cold sweat. "I don't want your help, and I don't need you help, so why don't you head on back to work and call me in like we both know your going to do" he said having no doubt in his mind that she was going to call Tait on him and that would be the end of it, of course he was not going back to Tait, he didn't care what kind of life he lived.

He waited and yet she was still playing lets make a deal. His eyes grew into slits as he was offended by her offer. "So you think you can just get me to your place... god what a typical Woman" he said as he scoffed, turning his back to her. "What my brother didn't want anything to do with you so now your making up for lost time?" he snapped at her.

He didn't like her one bit... she was just like Tait... like she had drank the cool aid of his little cult. Ken was 18 and he didn't have to put up with any of this shit. He was grabbing his stash and leaving the state by the end of the night.
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPICOPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2    ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

Tag Box

Please use our tag box once you have posted so that whoever you may be writing with will know it is their turn next. To tag someone, please follow these instructions: Enter the character’s name that you have just posted with in the “name” box. Paste a link to your post that you’ve just made in the “e-mail/url” box. Lastly, tag whoever is next up in the “message” box by following this structure: Character Name - Thread Name.

In-Character Chat

this jcink shoutbox is where our new in-character chat will be. no need to get an avatar image link or registered name ready in order to play, it automatically uses your user account's information once you post while signed in. You'll be able to see your avatar in the full shoutbox version (link below).

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse