map
      The Arrow

Southern Winds Weyr            

Welcome y’all! We are a Southern Vampire Mysteries and True Blood role play forum that was established in 2009. There is no word count and original characters and plots are always welcomed! Our plot has progressed to after the witch war with supernatural and human alike trying to live in a fragile peace.

How long this peace will last is unknown. Illegal sales of vampire blood are on the rise. Rumors of vampire extremists have started to spread. An unknown vampire has taken over the Mississippi werewolf pack and they have turned their eyes towards Louisiana. To make matters worse a murderer has started killing in the Bon Temps, Shreveport area, targeting supernatural and human alike.

The timeline is now anytime between March 1st and June 30th 2012 For further plot information, please see our Premise or PM one of our admin staff. Join in on the fun and come take a trip down south with A Taste of True Blood.

Top RP Sites    RP Lovers

Darryl

Dru

RPG-D  

A Thousand Fireflies  Shadowplay

Shine  Distant Fantasies

True Blood and the Southern Vampire Mysteries are the property of HBO and Charlene Harris, so no copyright infringement intended. Many thanks to them for creating such an amazing world to play in.

All graphics, colour schemes, coding and design were done by Staff. Any images found for the graphics were located using google image search. Big thanks to Entertainment Weekly for creating the American Gothic inspired True Blood cast images used in the header and sidebars. Fonts were care of dafont.com and uploaded using font squirrel.

The coding was built using the Jcink.com Forum Hosting Stylesheet Version: 1.0.0 as a base which was added to and edited by Staff; however there were some other codes that contributed and are as follows. First off, big ups to w3 schools, a lot of help came from searches that lead to them. Sidebar by Brook (links to sites are now offline). Word count code created by Shawn Seley and contains their copyright. Removal of subforums is a code by InfoZodiac of jcink.com. The Peekaboo side table code was care of SubDevo. Image Mapping hover codes by Image Maps. Grayscale code by KarlHorky of GitHub. Many thanks to Darren Criss from ATF for the mini profile code.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )   ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

Good To Be The King, Killian, Open
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:08 PM

Daniel sat at the top of his 40 story sleek office building. Of course the top floors were apartments and his was the entire 40th floor. It was good to be the king, that was for sure. Daniel was starting to think that he should have made that power grab a long time ago. Then again it was more of a buy out then anything else. He seemed to be quite in high demand in the vampire world with his social status. He was doing some of the best pro vampire work anyone had ever done because he had so much of a presence in the public eye. He was so glad to get out of that damn hick town and back to where he was comfortable.

He was on his was to a lower floor off the building to get some work done. He had come so far since leaving Bon Temps... and he didn't miss it one bit. He was dating celebrities again, and everyone in the city did what ever he asked... It was so good to be the king. Still... work was work. He headed to his office that was very modern and sleek and Daniel himself was in a suit with no tie, he was going for the James Bond look more then anything lately.

The vampire in his office was helping sell V... an issue all over the country and Daniel was not only face to face with a vampire over this mess but also a hum.... he rolled his eyes as he sat down. "So you guys have a defense or can i just sentence you to death?" he said pointing to the vampire "and throw you in jail?" he said pointing to the human. He leaned back in his chair and put his feet up on the desk. "I'm waiting" he said his tone more annoyed then anything.

user posted image
PMAIM
^
Killian
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:31 PM

Things had changed over the last few months since the dreaded witch war. As much as he wished to be king he knew he could never hold the crown in Louisiana. The vampires there were to arrogant, not willing to see reason or accept his rule. So when the Authority requested him as one of the magisters he couldn't help but say yes. Justice, the cold hard rules of the law were his forte. Emotion had no place in justice and it suited him well.

However his first task of going to New York and dealing with the new vampire king was a task he was not looking forward to. He had seeing the PR campaign put on by his brother and he was not looking forward to dealing with his arrogance and chaotic thoughts of mind. How he still had not gotten over thrown was something that puzzled the older vampire.

He walked onto the 40th floor of the office building were the king resided as he straightened his black suit and red tie before clutching onto the wooden staff with a silver tip and the golden head bearing the symbol of the Authority. He opened the doors and walked in on the conversation between a vampire and a human that were caught dealing vampire blood as Daniel asked about if they were ready to face their sentence. "The sale of vampire blood is an authority matter. The Magisters are the ones that deal with these problems especially since the Authority stance on illegal v usage. This falls under my jurisdiction, not yours Danie...your grace." he said with a slight hint of bitterness in his voice.
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 10:46 PM

The human took a breath to and right before he could respond the door was thrown open...He hated to be interrupted. God it pissed him off... and who did the damn authority send... his fucking brother... just great. His temper was rising by the moment. Daniel had quickly jumped to his feet seeing the vampire. Though his fangs still remained hidden. Daniel's secretary rushed in bringing him a wine glass of blood and putting one on the desk for Killian as well. She clearly felt the tension in the room and decided to stay by the door.

Killian was the last person Daniel wanted to see and it killed him that his brother was holding a position of power... Killian did not deserve anything in Daniel's mind. He used to love his bother... look up to him like a maker... not anymore. Daniel moved around the desk not taking his eyes off Killian. He jumped up to sit on the front of his desk. "By all means" he said gesturing for Killian to take over.

Daniel couldn't wait to see how this played out. He wanted Killian out of his state as soon as possible. He was already sick of seeing his face. Daniel raised his eye brows, he didn't have all day for this crap, so Killian needed to cut out the dramatics and do his job.

user posted image
PMAIM
^
Killian
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 02:10 AM

A subtle smirk came to the vampires face as he saw Daniel rise to his feet and move around the desk. Thankfully his brother could see a bit of reason. He knew better than to kill the voice of the authority or kick Killian out. Both would be detrimental to the younger vampires status as monarch. As much as he disliked his brother and his rash ways of doing things he hoped Daniel would do well in this position. He did not wish him ill or wish him the true death and if his brother ever strayed too far from the graces of the authority or angered another monarch it would be doomed to happen. <P>

"Thank you your grace" Killian replied in a calm voice as he did a small bow towards Daniel as the younger vampires secretary came in and set down a glass of blood for the both of them. Killian ignored the glass for the moment as he turned his attention to the two people seated in front of the desk. "The blood is sacred. We have everlasting life, the eternal night because of it. We are created by the blood and all that remains of us when the true death comes is the blood. I was under the impression that Bogdan would have taught you that lesson. Perhaps you ignored it while you were hunting for whores." he said glancing over at Daniel.

He clasped his hands behind his back as he looked at the criminals then back to Daniel. "In your personal opinion your grace. Is it better for a leader to be feared or loved by his underlings? If it were not for my intervention. What would you think would be the best punishment for these two criminals for their crimes of misuse of the sacred blood for profit and for pleasure?" he inquired.
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 10:28 AM

Daniel sat their more leaning on his desk. He looked at his brother, eyes lock on him like a hawk. Killian simply droned on like he always did. Daniel couldn't help but roll his eyes as he went on the blood is important lecture. Then he said it... brought up their maker. His eyes became wide with anger. He couldn't believe that Killian had just said that to him, and worse in front of his staff... in front of these... low lives, who the hell did he think he was. Daniel's blood was boiling and yet he bit his tongue. He knew if he caused a problem it would only make Killian stay longer. He wanted him gone... Eye on the prize he kept telling himself.

He decided to take a drink of the blood to keep himself from saying anything. Then of course Killian asked what he would do. Daniel gave him the fakest smile he could muster. Daniel knew that he just had to play them game. "Well" he said slamming his glass down a bit harder then he should have. "I would have contacted the Authority as this is out of my jurisdiction." he said raising his eye brows. He then looked to the human. "I am not a human authority, I would have sent this one to one" he said clearly refusing to really answer what Killian was asking.

"But I can't wait to see what you do with them... it'll be great to learn from a pro" he said not hiding his distain for Killian one bit. God things were going so good then he had to show up. Captain Buzz Kill always did this...Now he had to play nice...yay, he thought to himself.

user posted image
PMAIM
^
Killian
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 05:05 PM

The older vampire knew he bored his brother. Daniel did not care for the history of their kindred. He only cared about himself, not the whole. Killian wasn't different, he put himself first. All his work to become higher up in the food chain paid off and he would be damned if his association, his blood ties that he did not want with this young arrogant vampire would topple the tower he had made.

Seeing the anger in his brothers eyes Killian knew that he had Daniels true attention finally. Such a childish person, driven by impulses and emotions. Not as composed as Killian who suppressed them and looked at the long game. When Daniel slammed down his glass and began to speak Killian turned a blank stare to his brother before he was done speaking. Avoiding Killian's questions as always. He hoped that maybe Daniel would have matured now that he was the king of the empire state but it seemed that would never happen.

"So much bitterness and disdain in your voice. Do you not have love for the Authority or is it something else?" he asked in a cold voice before turning back to the criminals. "You did not answer my previous question your grace, do you want to be loved or feared. The punishment that will be dealt will give based on the answer to that question. I will grant you that bit at least in this situation."He commented coolly as he turned to look at his brother.
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 09:35 PM

Daniel was not thrilled with this at all, he was angry for sure but trying so damn hard to hold it back. He looked to Killian and as his brother spoke his eyes grew wider.. Daniel was not sure how much more of this he could take. "I have no distain for anything but dragging out a production" he said frankly. This was a waste of everyone's time. If Killian had not shown up this would have already been taken care of. He still had so much hate for his brother from what happened in hicksville. He knew that Killian would not admit he was wrong but that was his brother.

Killian of course should have known better then to bring their maker into this. Daniel loved his maker far more then Killian would ever understand. He finally bit the bullet and answered his brothers question "Loved of course, fear breeds distain" he said looking at Killian not sure what he was going for but well Daniel was not stupid, how could he be, he had survived this long and most of the time it was on his own.

Sure Daniel had his problems but he was not stupid, and he was thriving as the king here. V sales were down... which didn't meant they were super low but they were down. It is of course a big city. He looked to Killian to see what his brother would choose to do next.

user posted image
PMAIM
^
Killian
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 11:23 PM

"Quality takes time your grace. Quickness tends to lead to sloppy work, things can be ignored. However since you wish it perhaps I can attempt not to bore you with my consul." he replied to his brother. The older vampire knew that the best works took time. To him punishment was an art form, those who were to be punished his canvas. He needed to prove to the vampires of the state that the authority was not be questioned however he knew not to take it to far.

Daniel spoke about how he wished to be loved by the people and Killian's lips slightly smirked. "Men worry less about doing an injury to one who makes himself loved than to one who makes himself feared. However if one can have both love and fear their kingdom will prosper." he replied to his brother before he took a step forward and walked behind the vampire in the chair. "For this one, who gave his blood to be sold. Bleed him nearly dry. Donate his blood to hospitals in the less fortunate areas of the city and the state. Leave him at the steps of the local chapter of the fellowship of the sun and let the extremists have their way with him or else he will be saved by humans sympathetic to the vampire cause." he said moving around the chair to stand in front of the human.

As for the human, the justice system the humans employee takes too long for results. People must know that there are consequences for their actions." he commented as he made eye contact with the human. "You will not remember being here. Tell me what do you love most in this world." Killian asked the human. "My family" the human replied in a daze. "That is a pity your family was killed by someone who was under the influence of V. They are all dead, you should let everyone who uses it illegally know of what happened to what you loved most." he said as he glamored the human who started to weep bitterly."You will get the love you need while also being feared. I believe it is what the humans call the best of both worlds." he stated coolly.
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: Mar 29 2017, 11:45 PM

Daniel did not agree at all with what Killian had done but he knew he could not speak out against it. That was a battle he was sure to lose. He waved his arm and his secretary called security to take the two out of his office. His people would carry out what Killian had sentenced. Daniel moved to sit behind his desk, looking down at the paper work, though not really reading any of it, just not wanting to look up as the two were taken out. After a few beats he looked up at his brother.

"How long are you in town" he said quickly looking back at his work as she shuffled a few papers around. He wanted to know really when Killian was leaving. His staff could tell he was on edge and they were already on high alert to make him less on edge in any way they could.

He looked up again. "you look like your doing well for yourself" he said not that he really cared, he wanted his brother gone especially after his display tonight. Daniel didn't really care about the sentencing he was more offended by the personal attacks

user posted image
PMAIM
^
Killian
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 01:02 AM

Daniel waved his hand and the criminals were taken from the room. Finally Killian reached for the glass of blood and smelt it before taking a sip. "Pity brother I was expecting an debate. I was actually looking quite forward to it." He replied in a slow voice as he went and took a seat in one of the now open chairs. Killian wanted Daniel to explain his reasons for why he wanted things done his way. However he could not let his brother ruin Killian's reputation and cold and merciless when it came to justice. He was not willing to have people believe he was capable of pity.

"That I do not know. I was sent up here to see how the new monarch was doing. The authority is pleased that you have not caused a blood bath yet or embarrassed our kindred too much. The sale of V is down which I am surprised by even if it is just a small amount. I am pleased to see you aren't taking Sophie Ann's path towards making currency." He replied in a cool voice with not emotion as he swirled the blood to prevent it from clotting.

"Indeed brother I am doing well. I have been busy, after the whole situation in Louisiana the Authority has decided that all the monarchs need to be visited and reminded of their allegiance to the authority. I was sent here as they believed I had a better chance of suriving in case you became drunk with power." he replied. "You seem to be doing well at least that is what my sources can tell me. How is the weight the crown? Is it heavy like lead or does it burn like the crown of thorns?" he inquired.
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 07:26 AM

Daniel did not like Killian's answer or lack of an answer. He wanted him gone, he didn't care why he was here, their was no need for him to stay Daniel had a tight ship here and he didn't need Killian screwing everything up. He had not agreed with what Killian had sentenced at all, Daniel was a firm believer that the true death was a cleaner, kinder way to go and as for humans, he didn't believe it was his place at all to do anything with them, but it didn't matter, his people knew how he was and now they would know how his brother was.

He looked up, a mix of frustration and hurt on his face, he was not one to be able to hide his emotions. "How about we stop playing games. You know I'm fine, I'm better then fine, I was doing great until you showed up. You know that because if I wasn't you would have heard. I'm sure we have some kind of blood connection now since you forced me to let you drink mine." he said bitterly.

"You can act like the authority is worried about me but we both know thats not true either. My pro vampire campaign has been one of the most successful in years. They love me in this city" Everyone always seemed to love him, something he was sure Killian didn't understand but Daniel didn't care. "I hate you" he said bluntly, locking eyes with his brother. "And if you didn't have the authority you do you would be banned from this state" he said everything he had been wanting to stay. He would be talking to the authority to request they send someone else. He could make a case that Killian's cold justice is hurting the state.

user posted image
PMAIM
^
Killian
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 06:03 PM

The older vampire did not care if the king did not agree with his judgment. It was his job to make sure that people respected and feared the authority. While Daniel was loved by many in the state it was only a matter of time before he pissed off the wrong person and brought war and destruction to the kingdom. Killian had seen Daniel do it before and part of him did not want to save him from his self destructive habits. Maybe for once he could be free, no blood ties to worry about mudding up his reputation.

"Actually I did not know you were fine or that you were doing a fair job at ruling a kingdom. I was suspecting that you had underlings doing all the work while you inform everyone that it was all your doing. Perhaps I was wrong but that remains to be seen." he commented in a cold tone before his brother brought up the incident in Louisiana were Killian fed off of Daniel. "Oh there is no blood connection. Only the makers bond and any bond made with dark magic are what exist. I did not want any blood connection with you. I did it to prove my power and dominance over you. How cold, refined, logic and experience outweigh irrational thought and gut instincts." he stated with a slight smirk. Letting out all that pent up rage did feel wonderful however he knew if he did to often he would end up becoming not better than his younger sibling.

He shook his head when Daniel spoke about the Authority. "The Authority is worried about you. You are a young vampire that has come into a position of greatness and renown. The empire state is a driving force in the human and vampire economy and someone that is inexperienced and prone to destruction does not suit it well. However they do see the love the humans and the youngest fledglings blindly give you so they have given you a chance. If you end up ruining this chance either I or someone else will need to put you down like a rabid dog." he stated coldly before Daniel spoke about how he hated Killian.

"You say that word so much but you still come running to me for help and I always have to clean up your mess. I promised our maker I would do my best to take care of you but he is long dead and would be displeased about what you have become." he said taking a step forward so he was in front of Daniel. "Do not think I have any love for you either brother. I have put so much at stake letting you run this kingdom and covering up your messes. The brothel in Manhattan, your incidents in Louisiana. There are numerous things I have cleaned with my own hands and I will no longer do them for you." he commented before a slight chuckle escaped his lips. "Go and tell the Authority of what I did. They will agree with me. Do not think I would do anything that would make them displeased. Soon there may be a position chancellor open and I seek to take it. So for now consider me a guest that will stop in from time to time and make sure you do not fuck anything up. Do you understand Daniel?"
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 10:25 AM

Normally Daniel would have been pissed, he would have lost it in a blind rage but now... this was different, he was different, he was not going to give Killian the satisfaction. Daniel's Assistant had been working on his temper with him quite a bit. He knew it was thanks to her he was so successful. She had been the one keeping him in check. Daniel took a deep breath as he let it out slowly he moved to his desk and sat down behind it. He didn't have to dignify his brother with a response. The difference was they both knew where they stood now. Oddly they both seemed to be on the same page. Though, Daniel was sure neither of them were really being truthful with how they felt. Killian was right... Daniel said he hated him quite a lot but the truth of the matter was, he loved her brother more then he would ever admit and that was exactly how Killian was able to hurt him so easily.

"Well... I guess you told me" he said with a smug smile on his face. He let that sentence sit for a moment and leaned back in his chair. He watched his brother... it truly was sad the wall that Killian had to put up. After a moment he sat back up and moved some papers back into a file. The case that he was hearing today was now taken care of so that was that. He looked at what else was on his desk... seemed like it was going to be a slow day... Though with his brother here he was sure it would not be. "So, shall I have someone get a room ready for you?" he asked since his brother had not really answered if he as staying in town.

Daniel knew for a fact that he needed to keep Killian close that was for sure, he never really knew what his brother was up to and well even though Killian had just laid everything out to him... Daniel wasn't really believing that he was just here to check up on him and see that case... hell if Killian was here to check up on him then he knew his brother was far from done. Killian was the king of checking off every box and if Daniel didn't know any better he would say that Killian was looking for something wrong. That would not have surprised him the the least.

Daniel waited for an answer. He of course had the space to put him up. Far more then their was at the Compton house. If Killian was here to do some kind of vampire king audit this was going to prove to be quite a trying night.

user posted image
PMAIM
^
Killian
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 12:12 AM

The black haired vampire was surprised. By now Daniel would be consumed by some seething rage, blabbing on and on about something random or something that happened long ago. He seemed composed, something that Killian did not ever associate with his younger sibling. Perhaps the weight of the crown was what he needed. Something to work for and to protect. Even as Magister there were things that Daniel could still do and not be saved by Killian as in the past. A part of him felt proud of his brothers accomplishments but he was not going to show it as it would go to Daniels head. Emotions were something that Daniel could never suppress or control like Killian could.

Daniel made some comment and started to attempt to make himself look busy as Killian watched. His contacts couldn't give him any more information but all seemed to be well in the Kingdom of New York other than illegal V but that was a problem that was plaguing the entire United States. "Yes please have a room ready for me. I might retire early tonight. The trip from headquarters was tiring on my body and spirit." he replied to his brother not giving him a time frame for how long he would be here.

He did in fact miss Daniel a little bit but he knew if he spent too much time around him horrible things would occur. The past could attest to that. He took in a glance of his surrounding before turning his cold gaze back to Daniel. "Other than the problematic sales of V are there any other troubles going on in the kingdom. How to the subjects feel about your take over?" he inquired in a cold voice.
PM
^
Daniel Thomas
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 08:01 AM

Daniel nodded to his staff and a few of them left the room to make sure Killian had a room. Daniel gave them the signal to put him in the room right next door to him. He didn't know what to think of his brother. Killian was always looking out for him... but well in Daniel's opinion the way he helped was more harmful then helpful. His assistant was still in the room by the door, Daniel was thankful for that... this was clearly going to be the ultimate test on all they had been working on. He looked up at her... she smiled at him and gave him a wink. Daniel smiled though not at her at Killian. "Well... If I had known your were coming..." he started, "I could have had more planned." he said throwing on his charming smile.

This was more of the king Daniel that people in New York had grown to love. Perhaps if it worked on the vampires of New York maybe it would crack his brother a bit. "I highly recommend the night life, its really something" he said thinking how much he would love to show his brother how desperately loved he was in this city. Vampires and Humans alike seemed to take to him because even as a vampire Daniel tried to be a people's person. Daniel remembered what it was like to be nothing as a human and even as a vampire, he understood and never forgot what that was like.

"Honestly..." he said for once deciding to answer Killian's question, "I don't think of them as "my subjects" he said with a smile, thinking to himself. "I think of them as my people, and sure their were a few assassination threats when I took over but lately its been smooth sailing. Crime is down, the cops work closely with us, so the NYPD is on our side..." he said digging around his desk for something, until he pulled out a New York Times. On the cover was Daniel shaking hands with the Mayor. "The press has been amazing and my fame has only seemed to help" he said with a smile. He was glad that his pro vampire agenda had been going so well. "My goal was to get rid of the fear of vampires, even the fellowship here seems more mellowed out then other chapters." he said wondering if Killian knew something he didn't. Daniel did do a lot publicity, but that was something he was good at. He was doing what he knew and it was paying off.

user posted image
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPICOPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2    ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

Tag Box

Please use our tag box once you have posted so that whoever you may be writing with will know it is their turn next. To tag someone, please follow these instructions: Enter the character’s name that you have just posted with in the “name” box. Paste a link to your post that you’ve just made in the “e-mail/url” box. Lastly, tag whoever is next up in the “message” box by following this structure: Character Name - Thread Name.

In-Character Chat

this jcink shoutbox is where our new in-character chat will be. no need to get an avatar image link or registered name ready in order to play, it automatically uses your user account's information once you post while signed in. You'll be able to see your avatar in the full shoutbox version (link below).

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse