map
      The Arrow

Southern Winds Weyr            

Welcome y’all! We are a Southern Vampire Mysteries and True Blood role play forum that was established in 2009. There is no word count and original characters and plots are always welcomed! Our plot has progressed to after the witch war with supernatural and human alike trying to live in a fragile peace.

How long this peace will last is unknown. Illegal sales of vampire blood are on the rise. Rumors of vampire extremists have started to spread. An unknown vampire has taken over the Mississippi werewolf pack and they have turned their eyes towards Louisiana. To make matters worse a murderer has started killing in the Bon Temps, Shreveport area, targeting supernatural and human alike.

The timeline is now anytime between March 1st and June 30th 2012 For further plot information, please see our Premise or PM one of our admin staff. Join in on the fun and come take a trip down south with A Taste of True Blood.

Top RP Sites    RP Lovers

Darryl

Dru

RPG-D  

A Thousand Fireflies  Shadowplay

Shine  Distant Fantasies

True Blood and the Southern Vampire Mysteries are the property of HBO and Charlene Harris, so no copyright infringement intended. Many thanks to them for creating such an amazing world to play in.

All graphics, colour schemes, coding and design were done by Staff. Any images found for the graphics were located using google image search. Big thanks to Entertainment Weekly for creating the American Gothic inspired True Blood cast images used in the header and sidebars. Fonts were care of dafont.com and uploaded using font squirrel.

The coding was built using the Jcink.com Forum Hosting Stylesheet Version: 1.0.0 as a base which was added to and edited by Staff; however there were some other codes that contributed and are as follows. First off, big ups to w3 schools, a lot of help came from searches that lead to them. Sidebar by Brook (links to sites are now offline). Word count code created by Shawn Seley and contains their copyright. Removal of subforums is a code by InfoZodiac of jcink.com. The Peekaboo side table code was care of SubDevo. Image Mapping hover codes by Image Maps. Grayscale code by KarlHorky of GitHub. Many thanks to Darren Criss from ATF for the mini profile code.

Pages: (10) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )   ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

Hiatus Thread, going away? lost your muse? let us know!
The Authority
 Posted: Sep 25 2013, 03:01 PM

HIATUS THREAD

Please leave a note on this thread if you plan to be away from posting. Whether it be a vacation (take pictures!) or you just have lost your muse (it happens to all of us), let us know so that we can be aware that you haven’t moved on. This is role play and people come and go from sites. Leaving a hiatus message will keep staff and other members in the loop that you haven’t left the board, you just need a break from posting.

PM
^
Otterly!
 Posted: Nov 7 2013, 10:05 AM

Otterly one here, our family is currently dealing with some changes that has kept us busy and irritated so for the time being I'll be MIA and lurking until things settle down and give me some muse!

Playing:
Sophie
PM
^
Rivs
 Posted: Nov 21 2013, 04:21 PM

Hey Everyone,

This is a little late but you know what they say… better late than never!

So, I haven’t gone anywhere. I am just extremely busy with work. Work is always going to be a huge hurdle for me when it comes to my activity here or on any RP forum. It is part of the reason I didn’t make any canon characters on this site because I knew that I wouldn’t be able to keep up with the canon posting minimums. But River and Summer are still here and available for plotting! You will just need to be patient with me if we engage in a thread together as my posts may be sporadic.

When I set up this board for the forum host conversion (the move from Proboards), it took a LOT of time making all the boards and sub-boards, information topics and their templates, the skin, the codes, etc. During that time I neglected to do a plethora of work duties that steadily piled in my inbox. So once the board officially opened I took a step back so that I could catch up with all my work obligations. Then came a huge overdue filing project which took a few weeks of my undivided attention. At this point I decided to ask for a raise since I worked my ass off on the filing project. Currently my boss is sort of reviewing my time spent (as well as monitoring my internet usage) and continuing to pile “fun” projects onto me on a daily basis. Basically, he is making me work for my raise. Which granted, he is allowed to do!

So suffice to say, work is going to be filling up a lot of my time that I usually allocate towards role playing during my slow season. I’m still here. I am still going to try my damned hardest to steal portions of the day to keep up maintenance-y stuffs here. But for the next few weeks (until my boss stops torturing me), I might not be able to jump into posting quite yet.

Just wanted to keep you all in the loop!

Much Love ♥
PM
^
Sookie Stackhouse
 Posted: Nov 22 2013, 01:27 AM

So I was supposed to have a ton of time to post and stuff this week because I was on vacation. Even though I was at my mom's for about half of it I was supposed to have the internet. But Sunday we had a string of storms producing 15 (I think that was the final count) tornadoes in the area. Everyone I know is fine, thankfully, but there was a lot of damage done and we were without power for a while. When we finally got power back we were still doing clean-up. Luckily I was in one of the places that wasn't as badly hit. Down the street there were a few silos caved in and tossed over into fields. A few pieces of panel came off the side of my mom's house. I just got back home yesterday and there was a little damage done here too. So I'm just mostly drained and trying to get back on track now. I promise I'll post and stuff soon.

user posted image
PM
^
Jessica Hamby
 Posted: Dec 16 2013, 08:01 PM

Hey Loves
I am so sorry for my absence. Things have gotten tres crazy at my end. School is coming up to Christmas break so the week is filled with craziness. I am trying to catch up with friends and I am also in a play. This past weekend I was in the Christmas Carol and I will be in that play again this weekend. While I desperately want to write, my head and body are not able to. I will hopefully be able to write something this weekend, but definitely plan to do some serious writing after Christmas and during the break. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays xoxox

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Rivs
 Posted: Dec 20 2013, 04:08 PM

Hello lovely members,

It is time for me to give my vacation hiatus. I am about to close up shop and head offline until I return to work on January 8th. I’ll be in Mexico for a few weeks but I’m sure I will pop on once in a while to make sure that nothing has broken on the site lol. But to be safe lets just say that I will not be around

Obvs if there is anything staff related, you should talk to your amazing staff – Noly, Matt and Dani (otterly!), but if something technical or skin/coding related arises then I will not be able to address it until the new year; however, feel free to send a PM to ‘The Authority’ account and I will return the PM when I get back.

I hope everyone has amazing holidays! Whatever it might be that you celebrate, hope its special ♥

Much Love & Happy New Year!!!!
PM
^
Jessica Hamby
 Posted: Dec 21 2013, 10:12 PM

I just wanted to give y'all a little taste of the theatre. Here is the picture of some of my Cratchit family. We have been having a great run of the Christmas Carol!! I'm in the blue skirt! smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Kirsten Svein
 Posted: Dec 27 2013, 08:46 PM

hey all,

sorry for the absence RL stuff has just been crazy for a while and will try and come back once it settles down.
PMEmail
^
Fastvi Bera
 Posted: Dec 31 2013, 05:13 PM

Im going to be gone for a while. i dont know exactly how long, maybe a few weeks. Sorry sad.gif

user posted image
PM
^
Rivs
 Posted: Jan 22 2014, 08:43 PM

So this is just a quick note. Not really on hiatus with busy season yet but work has picked up slightly for my January 31st deadlines. During my sanity breaks I have fully intended to reply to the two posts I owe but my graphics & skinning muse took hold of me. SO! I am here checking in for the next few days but I probably won't get any posts out until this new Valentine's Day themed skin is finished for the site. Holler if you need me! <3
PM
^
Bill Compton
 Posted: Jan 26 2014, 10:30 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm moving back to school today and this being my last semester, i don't want to make any promises as to how much i'm going to be on. I will do my best but if you need me catch me on skype or aim, or pm that will be the best way to get in contact with me.

wish me luck

Bill

PMEmail
^
Jessica Hamby
 Posted: Feb 23 2014, 09:50 AM

Hey Loves,
This week is the week of my play. I think most of you know that I am in Taming of the Shrew at a local theatre company. Starting tonight, every single evening until next weekend will be taken. I have been just trying to take it easy over the last few days. I play Bianca in it and I am really excited, but I know I will not be around. I am sorry about this and I will see you guys next week! xoxo

Jess

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Rivs
 Posted: Feb 26 2014, 08:48 PM

Hey guys,

Okay, work officially kicked into high gear. Suddenly it's the end of the month and I have some major deadlines on Friday. Suffice to say, I won't really be around for the rest of the week. I plan on actually getting the weekend off and I don't intend to spend any time near a computer (since I will most likely be sleeping and catching up on my shows). Then Monday I will have a plethora of first of the month duties piled on me. SO... I won't be around really until Tuesday, March 4th. You know me though... can't stay away. So most likely I will be creeping from now until Tuesday. If anything breaks I am here to fix it, but you won't really see or hear much of me. When I get back we will get this board-wide event started!!!

See you all in less than a week <3
PM
^
Jessica Hamby
 Posted: Mar 7 2014, 11:45 PM

I am so sorry that I have not been on. After my awesome show run, I was so sick!!! I had a horrid flu and I barely wanted to eat for days. I will be writing tomorrow! I am very sorry all!! xoxo

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Rohan Divial
 Posted: Mar 12 2014, 10:08 AM

Hey guys! Just wanted to put it out there. I will be pretty inactive for about a week or so. I am on spring break. But it won't be much a break. I have a ton of martial art stuff coming up. (currently 2nd in the world in my division) i am way behind in school stuff, and i will be starting a job soon. So things are gonna be chaotic. I will check pms and stuff if anyone wishes to get a hold of me.

Roh/Tobias/Hoyt/Blaze
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPICOPTIONSPages: (10) 1 2 3 ... Last »   ADDREPLY   NEWTOPIC   NEWPOLL

Tag Box

Please use our tag box once you have posted so that whoever you may be writing with will know it is their turn next. To tag someone, please follow these instructions: Enter the character’s name that you have just posted with in the “name” box. Paste a link to your post that you’ve just made in the “e-mail/url” box. Lastly, tag whoever is next up in the “message” box by following this structure: Character Name - Thread Name.

In-Character Chat

this jcink shoutbox is where our new in-character chat will be. no need to get an avatar image link or registered name ready in order to play, it automatically uses your user account's information once you post while signed in. You'll be able to see your avatar in the full shoutbox version (link below).

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse